Sunday 23 January 2011

Screengrabs from Front Cover!

This is the original photograph for my front cover.

I manipulated it with the 'Clone Stamp' Tool in Photoshop to eradicate a shadow that i deemed to stand out too much.

 I used the text tool and colours to create my title, heading and subheadings.  I used Poplar Standard, Impact and Arial Black.  I chose a bright red despite my audience research as, green was too underwhelmed by the colour of the balloons, to obtain the teal colour, i saved a JPEG of a piece of red text that was highlighted.  and simply used the 'Eye Dropper' tool to select the colour that was negative to red, teal.  i also, used a slight drop shadow on all my text.


 To get the balloon over the banner at the bottom, i copied the layer, erased the balloon shape, and used a soft brush to create a shadow.  the banner is a rectangle, and the bands names are 'Impact'

The finishing touches included the issue number, in the bottom left, the barcode, and the issue date and price.

No comments:

Post a Comment