POSITIONING STATEMENT: THATS SOUND!
DISTRIBUTION: NEWSAGENTS, SUPERMARKETS, GIG VENUES, INSTRUMENT SHOPS.
FREQUENCY OF PUBLICATION: FORTNIGHTLY
RATONALE: The sole purpose of this magazine will be to inform the reader about bands producing new music, however, in order for the magazine to attract more buyers i will need to include interviews and reviews of big bands.
STYLE: My magazine will be informal and willing to offer strong, and sometimes controversial views on certain topics. The magazine is going to be very informative, however must be able to be understood by its target audience, so i will use simple vocabulary and syntax. My articles will be written in short paragraphs, using humour to entice the reader to read further, slang and colloquialisms.
- Reviews of highly anticipated albums, and of albums made from bands that are not massive in the public eye
- Gig reports- look through the fortnights gigs, ratings and fan opinions
- Editors letter
- Competitions (Quizzes, crosswords etc)
- end page- member of band, recollecting his favourite memory of his/her career and perhaps an anecdote.
- Fan mail
- Independent album chart. (1-20)
- Venue Page- a page with the gigs of every 02 academy, and then big arenas
- Rewind- a look back into the lives of a famous band from another time.
- picture page- pictures from the fortnight of gigs around the country.
Examples of featured articles that will appear in the magazine:
- Interview with 'Hot Club De Paris'
- Album review of 'Kings of Leon's' highly anticipated 'Come Around Sundown'
- Rewind- article on 'The Who'
- The Evolution of Indie- look back to other indie bands, where it started, then compared to now etc.
- end page- this fortnight its Damon Alburn.
- evolution of guitar- from early 50's to now.
- Venue page- this fortnights focus is Manchester: MEN and The Manchester 02 Academy, including interview with the manager of the academy, explaining his every day life and how he gets bookings
- Sound!WAVES!- the rise of surf rock!
- Interview with band (front cover model)
- Interview with Joe Donnelly (front cover model)
- Festival Rumours
- COVERLINES: IMPACT
- HEADLINES: IMPACT
- FEATURES FIRST PARAGRAPH-
- NEW FIRST PARAGRAPH
- BODY TEXT
- CLOLUR SCHEME